“A week before his death, Wigglesworth prophesied again during a week long crusade. This time, he foretold a second move of the Spirit. The first move would bring the restoration of the gifts of the Spirit; the second would bring a revival of emphasis on the Word of God.
He said, “When these two moves of the Spirit combine, we shall see the greatest move the church of Jesus Christ has ever seen.”
1. GENESIS 1 – Parallel between two – divine creation.
“The Word and Spirit are the effective agents through which divine power are focused.”
2. EZEKIEL 37 – Prophetic activity.
Word of God / Wind of Spirit
3. LUKE 1:35 – Conception of Living Word
“The Holy Spirit will come upon you”
4. ACTS 4:29-31 – Pentecost.
“Filled with the Spirit and spoke the word with boldness”
5. PREACHING THE GOSPEL – Paul
* Rom. 15:18,19 – “through the power of the Holy Spirit”
* 1 Thess. 1:5 – “not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit”
* 1 Cor. 2:1-4 – “ My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power”
6. JOHN 15:26 – Word sends Spirit.
“The Spirit of truth”
7. 2 PETER 1:20-21 – Prophetic Spirit.
“You must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but man spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”
8. 1 COR. 2:12-14 – Understanding.